eCPTXThe eCPTX designation stands for eLearnSecurity Certified Penetration Tester eXtreme and it is next step to the eCPPT certification. eCPTX is the most practical and advanced certification available on the market for the assessment of network penetration testing skills. By passing the challenging exam and obtaining the eCPTX certificate, a penetration tester can prove their advanced skills in the fastest growing area of network security.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified Penetration Tester eXtreme certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual penetration test on a corporate network. This penetration test is modeled after a real-world scenario.
- Not only do you have to try different advanced methodologies to conduct a thorough penetration test, you will also be asked to remain under the radar as part of your evaluation. A skillset like this will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to leveraging any misconfiguration and using obscure exploitation methods in this "engagement" are awarded the eCPTX Certification.
By obtaining the eCPTX, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Advanced penetration testing processes and methodologies
- Advanced Exploitation using Metasploit and Empire
- Network/traffic manipulation
- Advanced Lateral Movement (WMI, PS Remoting, DCOM, etc.)
- Advanced Active Directory Information Gathering, Enumeration and Reconnaissance
- Custom Attack Vector Development
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and Windows internals
- Knowledge of Windows authentication weaknesses
- Web application Manual exploitation
- Stealthy Scanning and Profiling the target
- Advanced Persistence / Backdooring
- Privilege escalation
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands penetration testers worldwide already practice different kinds of penetration testing techniques against real targets. Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
eLearnSecurity's eCPTX is the only certification for Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at using cutting edge attacking techniques to compromise numerous targets, inside a fully featured and real-world environment.