eCTHPThis certification is not supported anymore as it has been replaced by ECTHPv2.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified Threat Hunting Professional certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual threat hunt on a corporate network. This threat hunt is modeled after real-world scenarios and cutting-edge malware.
- Not only do you have to try different advanced methodologies to conduct a thorough threat hunt, you will also be asked to propose defense strategies as part of your evaluation. A skillset like this will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to identifying any threats and thinking outside the box in this "engagement" are awarded the eCTHP Certification.
By obtaining the eCTHP, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Network packet/traffic analysis
- Data enrichment with Threat Intelligence
- Data correlation
- In-depth knowledge of tools such as Wireshark, Redline & IOC editor
- IOC-based threat hunting
- Memory analysis/forensics
- Windows/Linux event analysis
- Log analysis
- Detection of any stage of the “Cyber Kill Chain” (Information Gathering, Exploitation, Post-exploitation)
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands of security professionals worldwide already practice different kinds of network defense techniques to protect real-world networks. Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
eLearnSecurity's eCTHP is the only certification for Threat Hunters that evaluates your abilities at using cutting edge threat hunting techniques, inside a fully featured and real-world environment.