eCXDThe eCXD designation stands for eLearnSecurity Certified eXploit Developer. eCXD is the most practical and advanced certification available on the market on Windows and Linux exploit development and software vulnerability identification in general. By passing the challenging exam and obtaining the eCXD certificate, exploit developers can prove their advanced skills in the fastest growing area of software security.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Certified eXploit Developer certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform actual software vulnerability identification and exploitation against real-world Windows and Linux software.This exam engagement is modeled after real-world software exploitation scenarios and features binaries protected by multiple anti-exploit mechanisms, hardened hosts and other limitations.
- Not only do you have to try different advanced methodologies to exploit the provided binaries and executables, you will also be asked to propose alternative exploitation paths as part of your evaluation. A skillset like this will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector.
- Only individuals who provide proof of their exploitation attempts and think outside the box in this "engagement" are awarded the eCXD Certification.
By obtaining the eCXD, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Windows and Linux internals
- Reverse engineering (x86 and x64 platforms)
- Software debugging
- Windows and Linux exploit development (including scripting knowledge)
- Bypassing modern anti-exploit mechanisms (ASLR/PIE, Stack Cookie, NX/DEP, RELRO etc.)
- Exploiting hardened hosts and overcoming limitations
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands of security professionals worldwide already practice different kinds of network-attacking and network-defending techniques to protect real-world networks. Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
eLearnSecurity's eCXD is the only certification for Exploit Developers that evaluates your abilities at using advanced Windows and Linux exploit development techniques, inside a fully featured and real-world environment.