eWDPThe eWDP designation stands for eLearnSecurity Web Defense Professional. It's a highly practical and challenging certification proving the skills of IT Security personnel and web application developers in the web application defense domain.
Here are some of the ways in which the eLearnSecurity Web Defense Professional certification is different from conventional certifications:
- Ensures that the candidate has a strong understanding of theoretical aspects behind web application security defense through a challenging multiple choice pre-exam.
- Ensures that the candidate can identify and propose valid solutions to vulnerable web applications in practice through a 100% practical exam.
- Only individuals who provide >75% score in the pre-test and perform a thorough web application defense in practice are awarded the eWDP Certification.
- Ensures that the candidate can understand and mitigate findings from a penetration test report
- Ensures that the candidate can autonomously validate security fixes through proof-of-concept exploits
- Ensures that the candidate can demonstrate the impact of security issues to development teams and managers
- Ensures that the candidate can mitigate security issues even when changing the code is not possible through virtual patching
By obtaining the eWDP Gold, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Information Gathering
- Configuration Management
- Authentication and Authorization
- Session Management
- Applied Security Principles
- Virtual Patching
- Intrusion Detection
- Logic Flaws
- Data Validation
- Denial of Service
- Web Services
- Client Side and Phishing
- Error Handling and Logging
The exam is divided in two steps: a theoretical assessment through a multiple choice test and a pratical assessment
Both tests can be taken online, on-demand.
eLearnSecurity's eWDP is the only certification for web defenders that evaluates your practical abilities through a real world engagement.