eWPTXThis certification is not supported anymore as it has been replaced by EWPTXv2.
Here are some of the ways eLearnSecurity Web application Penetration Tester eXtreme certification is different from conventional certification:
- Instead of putting you through a series of multiple-choice questions, you are expected to perform an actual penetration test on a web application. This penetration test is modeled after a real-world scenario
- Not only do you have to try different methodologies to conduct a thorough penetration test, you will also be asked to write a complete report as part of your evaluation. These are the same kinds of reports that will make you a valuable asset in the corporate sector
- Only individuals who provide proof of their findings in addition to writing a commercial-grade penetration testing report that correctly identifies the weaknesses in this "engagement" are awarded the eWPTX Certification.
By obtaining the eWPTX, your skills in the following areas will be assessed and certified:
- Penetration testing processes and methodologies
- Web application analysis and inspection
- Advanced Reporting skills and Remediation
- Advanced knowledge and abilities to bypass basics advanced XSS, SQLi, etc. filters
- Advanced knowledge of different Database Management Systems
- Ability to made custom exploit when the modern tools fail
The candidate will be provided with a real world engagement within the renowned Hera Lab: the virtual labs in VPN powered by cutting edge virtualization technology where thousands penetration testers worldwide already practice different kinds of penetration testing techniques against real targets.
Once valid credentials have been provided for the certification platform, the candidate will be able to perform the tests from the comfort of their home or office. An Internet connection and VPN software is necessary to carry out the exam.
eLearnSecurity's eWPTX is the only certification for Web application Penetration testers that evaluates your abilities at attacking your target and providing thorough professional documentation and recommendation.